November 7, 2012

Moving on...

"Every moment wasted, looking back keeps us from moving forward. Life is too short, time is too precious, and the stakes are too high to dwell on what might have been." -Hilary Clinton

My heart is full today with rejoicing. My flesh and heart are disappointed in the outcome of the presidential election, however I am hopeful and joyful because I am a Child of God. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord and He commands that we also have to live under authority here on earth. I will pray for President Obama to be moved to act and do based on Godly direction. That is all any of us can do.

It's a beautiful Wednesday here in Sooner State! I'm so excited about the weekend. We are PUTTING UP CHRISTMAS! WOOOOOOT!!! Now before you roll your eyes and scoff at the very idea of putting it up this early...we are leaving next Saturday(nother WOOOOOOT!!!) for our Thanksgiving trip to Nashville and Florida(again...WOOOOT!) and won't be back for 10 days so I want Christmas up when we return so we can enjoy a long few weeks of cozy, homey, heart warming goodness going on as long as possible..get it? Okay good!

I made grief cookies last night in anticipation of my candidate not winning. Someone pointed out that I made them realllly early...maybe my hopes weren't high enough cause yes I made them long before results were in. But they were yummy and the girls at work have all grieved over one this morning. Double chocolate chip Nestle Toll House and when I say MADE..I mean broke them off and baked them. Yep...indeed! My grandma taught me a hundred years ago if you slam the cookie sheet down on the counter right after you remove it from the oven, you're cookies will be thin and crispy around the edges and chewy in the middle. PERFECTION!  Have a GREAT day!



Grief Cookies :(

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers