October 29, 2012

Good Morning Monday!

Good morning Monday! I've so missed you little blog.  I'm going to try and visit more often and let you in on what's happening in my world.

I'm not going to try to "catch up" per say...that would take way too long so let's pretend I've been blogging every day for the last year and 1/2....and we'll be just fine!

So Grammy has come to visit for the week and I cannot even tell you how happy I am!  Papa is hunting so it's just our Grammy which I totally love.  Not that I don't love Papa being there too but I love when my mom is here and we can sit up and talk and laugh!  Lailey loves it as well cause it means no school and getting to pretty much do whatever the heck she wants. Um....

The weather has turned chilly although with my Peri-menopausal state I'm still having my own personal little summer up in here.  So the heat remains off and the AC a blowin! L has decided she doesn't want to EVER wear pj's again so I have to wake up a hundred thousand times in the night to cover her up cause her skin basically feels like raw chicken.

I made an old family favorite recipe last night and while YES it's filled with the "cream of crap" soup...it's so good and reminds me so much of childhood and going to my grandma's.  It's such comfort food and I encourage you to make it! Just DO IT!!

I've revised it a bit from the days of old but it still tastes the same! Sorry I forgot to take a picture..i know that is "proper" in the blogging world. Will have to get better about that!

Mexican Casserole
1 lb. of ground turkey
2 Tbsp. of olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced.
1 package of taco seasoning mix (my favorite is McCormick)
1 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of ground black pepper
1 can of green chili's, drained and chopped
1 can of cheddar cheese soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of diced tomatoes, in juice
1 cup of grated mexican blend cheese, whatever is your favorite
Tortilla chips
Sour Cream garnish


Preheat oven to 350°.  Saute' onions and green pepper in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes, add garlic, cook another 2 minutes.  Add ground turkey, cook until nearly browned. This produces no fat so you will not need to drain.  Add taco seasoning packet, salt, pepper, stir until turkey is well coated.  Add soups, green chili's and tomatoes. Heat thru. (If you have little ones and are concerned about the spice, just get the MILD taco seasoning, this is the only thing that gives it heat. If you prefer a lot of heat, add the regular seasoning and use rotel tomatoes instead of diced tomatoes.) 

In 9 x 13 glass pan, layer bottom with crushed tortilla chips...any type will do, pour turkey mixture on top, add shredded cheese, top with thin layer of tortilla chips. Bake for 30 minutes, until mixture is browned and bubbly.  Serve with a dollop of sour cream. YUM!!! So good! You could easily add a can of ranch style beans to this but I usually make a pot of pinto beans and serve with warm tortillas and salsa. This mixture is so good wrapped in a tortilla! Enjoy!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers