December 13, 2012

Hi gang! I know it's been a few weeks but I'm back and busier than ever! I have to admit, I've never been a great lover of the Christmas season but since my daughter was born my disdain has turned to glee! I am LOVING it despite being busier than a one arm paper hanger!



Since our last visit, we have been through 8 states! Yep...Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas! We enjoyed restful and fun days in Tennessee and Florida and a pretty cool drive home (although my 4 year old would beg to differ). We stopped in West Monroe, LA to see our pals at Duck Commander! Met Jepeth Robertson and purchased some Duck Dynasty gear, we stopped at a road side stand in Mississippi and purchased Mayhaw Jelly, homemade, award winning, sweet potato pie, cajun dill pickles, freshly canned baby beets, homemade strawberry preserves, and hand picked, fresh, pecans. It was ridiculously expensive but even more ridiculously good!

It was a wonderful time with our Tennessee family(some of them live in Florida now) and I can't wait to do it again.

We are back in full swing of making home made gifts, hand made ornaments, decking the halls with boughs of holly, Christmas dance and singing programs(tonight), cookie decorating parties and I just made the commitment to have a KIDS ONLY New Year's Eve party. (WHAT?) 

Grammy and Papa are on their way to visit and I've been incredibly blessed the last few days as my dear sis in law has hauled our tails around town because "ol dutchie" (my 1999 Buick LeSabre) is very very ill and precious friends who have offered their vehicle for us to use for a few weeks! 

I'm overwhelmed with all the things I have to do in the next few weeks but even more overwhelmed at God! His faithfulness truly does endure and shows up in spite of who I am and how sorry of a daughter I can be! I know He loves me beyond my wildest dreams and ability to even process; cares for and blesses me despite what I deserve!  He so is the reason for EVERY good thing that happens to us.  I pray for His blessings to fall on you and your family right now. There are a lot of hurts and a lot of pain RIGHT NOW and I pray that God's love would permeate every soul and change it for the better.

Much love yo'!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers